Saturday 9 March 2013

Delia For Mothers Day

Since it's mothers day tomorrow and we love our mums very much, why not give this beautiful new cookbook by Delia Smith as a gift? 
Or if you're feeling particularly lovely you could take a peak inside before you wrap it up and bake one of the marvelous cakes!
We now stock the entire Delia bakeware range, that's muffin pans, cake tins, tin liners loaf tins and more! 

The cookbook contains many wonderful recipes, from the classics, rock cakes, flapjacks and swiss rolls to fabulous hazelnut shortbread with raspberries and the ultimate carrot cake.

As soon as the delivery arrived I was eager to try a recipe ready for mothers day, but which one to choose?! So many mouth watering ideas that left me very hungry! So I eventually decided on a gorgeous coffee and walnut cake, which judging by how fast the kitchener crew scoffed it, was very yummy indeed.

I followed Delia's recipe almost completely, only changing it slightly to make it suitable for vegans. Due to Delia's wonderfully simple method, all I had to do was substitute the butter and eggs.
I smothered the cupcakes in a vegan coffee buttercream, sprinkled them with chopped walnuts and then decorated with chocolate butterflies that I'd made the night before. 

These were wonderfully simple to make, and I'm already excited to get in the kitchen and get baking more! These pretty little cases are available from our shop!

Happy Baking!

http://www.kitchenercookware.com/

Millie












No comments: